Those records that must be maintained by investigative personnel:
- Health/group health records are required if the laboratory personnel are performing any part of the monitoring and care of a non-research-related clinical condition under the direction of the veterinary staff.
- Surgical/anesthetic/sedation records are required for all animals undergoing those procedures.
- Post-operative monitoring records are required for all animals undergoing survival surgery.
- Tumor monitoring records must be maintained as described in the animal use protocol for all animals with experimentally induced tumors
- Food and water restriction records are required for all animals undergoing such restriction as per the animal use protocol and the Guidelines on Experimental Food or Water Restriction or Manipulation in Laboratory Animals.
- Records of disposition are required for all cats and dogs.